Needs Analysis and Skills Planning
This course is aimed at those candidates that already have a baseline competence in Learning & Development (L&D) practices. A minimum of two years’ work experience in general management, Human Resource Development and L&D is therefore recommended. The programme enables specialisation in the skills planning role, including Skills Development Facilitation. This programme may also be taken as part of the National Certificate: OD-ETD Practices at NQF5 SAQA ID 50334 and/or National Diploma: OD-ETD Practices at NQF5 SAQA ID 50333.
This skills programme equips existing or prospective Skills Development Facilitators with the competence to:
- Establish training committees and other workplace structures required to undertake skills planning
- Facilitate strategic planning processes to identify the skills needs within their organisation
- Conduct skills audits (or supervise audits) to identify the training requirements of the organisation
- Develop workplace skills plans that reflect both organisational and ETQA requirements as well as report on these as per their SETA requirements
- Manage the achievement of the workplace skills plans through outsourcing training effectively and assisting in the establishment of in-house training as required
Participants in the programme review existing skills planning processes
and requirements in their organisations as well as broader
organisational strategic objectives.
They work together in developing the systems and tools required to
facilitate development of workplace skills plans.
This course consists of self-directed online learning (video lectures followed by completion of various tasks and activities), coupled with facilitator/tutor support over Telegram group chat, Telegram individual chat and six scheduled Zoom group support sessions, one per week.
NQF Level 5: 35 Credits
Unit standards awarded upon successful completion
of this learning programme:
|123396||Define target audience profiles and skills gaps|
|15218||Conduct an analysis to determine outcomes of learning|
for skills development and other purposes
|15217||Develop an organisational training and development plan|
|15232||Coordinate planned skills development interventions in an|
|252041||Promote a learning culture in an organisation|
|15221||Provide information and advice regarding skills|
development and related issues
|15227||Conduct skills development administration|