L4 General Management
Organising and delivering a thorough induction program is an important activity for you as a supervisor. An induction programme, which is well planned and conducted, will create a great first impression of you and your organisation, and will enable your new staff member to effectively learn about your organisation and your department, its culture and the requirements of their role. Your new staff member will feel welcome and positive about your organisation and their new workplace more quickly and will therefore settle into and become productive in their role.
When you know the “why” of employee induction, it is much easier to design an effective program that will welcome new employees with sincerity. When you take the time and make the effort to deliver an effective induction you also convey the message that you are committed to employee development and to providing the training and resources needed to do a great job from the Day 1. Here are some “how to’s” for doing just that.
On completion of this section you should be able to:
- Use language and communication in occupational learning programme
- Accommodate audience and context needs in oral/signed communication
- Induct a member into a team
- Explain the contribution made by own area of responsibility to the overall organisational Strategy
- Solve problems, make decisions and implement solutions
- Describe the relationship of junior management to other roles
- Motivation and Build strong Teams
- Apply leadership concepts in the workplace