In this month's issue:
- What's new at IPD?
- Making work based learning more exciting
- A good facilitator is able to
- IPD public training schedule
What's New at IPD?
- The most exciting news is that now you can now learn more about RPL by downloading or viewing the latest RPL video on the IPD website www.peopledevelopment.co.za/rpl.
- Also the latest IPD job vacancies can be found at: www.peopledevelopment.co.za/vacancies.asp
- IPD will be hosting a road show in October, providing information to you on the NQF Support Link, the launch of the latest and new OD-ETD Practices Textbook for self-study, and Recognition of Prior Learning Good Practice in South Africa. More information will follow by email shortly.
Making work based learning more exciting.
Work based learning is a concept that has long been associated with adult learning, promoting different staff development practices like Facilitation, Coaching, Mentoring, Job shadowing, Action learning and Communities of Practice. The most commonly used work based learning approach is action learning; a cycle of planning, acting, observing and reflecting.
A good facilitator should be able to use a variety of learning methodologies appropriate to diverse learners' needs or that of the organization they represent. Good facilitators encourage learners to take control of their own learning, by planning the relevant work based learning activities and outputs in advance, the learning outcomes they want to achieve and how integrated assessment of the learning will be assessed, supporting learners to use their experiences by applying what they have learnt in a real workplace situation.
The best thing about work based learning is that learners are able to identify what they want to learn and how that learning will benefit them and the organization as well. They are able to reflect and incorporate what they have learnt into their work or daily activities. Then planning, acting and reflecting is realized as a crucial component of any work based learning.
A good facilitator is able to:
- Apply relevant work based learning methodologies and processes based on participant's needs.
- Encourage learners to take control of their own learning to drive their own learning processes.
- Discuss and agree with participants on their desired end results.
- Support participants to use their experiences, feedback and reflection and evaluation in the next stages of the work based learning processes.
IPD can help you become a good and even a great facilitator!
Contact Nirasha, Linda or Bryton on (011) 315-2913 for more information!
For more information about our productivity enabling training programs, visit www.peopledevelopment.co.za and embark on an exciting journey of results orientated learning with the IPD.
Public Training Schedule
||Registered unit standards included in the programme
|Assessment, Moderation & Evaluation
115753 - Conduct outcomes-based assessments.
115755 - Design & develop outcomes-based assessments.
115759 - Conduct moderation of outcomes-based assessments.
123397 - Evaluate a learning intervention using given evaluation instruments.
|17-21 September 2007
|Needs Analysis & Skills Planning
123396 - Define target audience profiles and skills gaps.
15217 - Develop an organisational training and development plan.
15221 - Provide information and advice regarding skills development and related issues.
15227 - Conduct skills development administration in an organisation.
15232 - Coordinate planned skills development interventions in an organisation.
15218 - Conduct an analysis to determine outcomes of learning for SD and other purposes.
15228 - Advise on establishment & implementation of a QMS for SD practices in an organisation
|08-12 October 2007
|National Diploma in OD-ETD Practices (RPL)
50333 - National Diploma: Occupationally directed education, training and development practices.
50332 - Further Education & Training Certificate: Occupationally - directed education training and development.
50334 - National Certificate: Occupationally directed education training & development practices.
|29 October 2007
|Facilitation, Coaching & Mentoring
117877 - Prepare for one-to-one training on the job.
117865 - Assist & support learners to manage their learning work experiences.
117874 - Guide learners about their learning, assessment and recognition opportunities.
117871 - Facilitate learning using a variety of given methodologies.
|Learning Programme Design & Materials Development
123401- Design outcomes based learning programmes.
123394 - Develop outcomes based learning programmes.
|12-16 November 2007
|Quality Management & ETD Administration
15228 - Advise on the establishment and implementation of a quality management system for skills development practices in an organisation
15232 - Coordinate planned skills development interventions in an organisation
|19-23 November 2007
To download IPD House Training Center Brochure including map: click here