In this month's issue:
- Professional trainers for 2007!
- Compliance, defiance or reliance
- Public training schedule
Professional trainers for 2007!
The Institute of People Development (IPD) is proud to announce that over the past year, it has certificated more than 150 graduates with a National Diploma in OD-ETD Practices at NQF Level 5.
Initiated, piloted and implemented as a cost effective world-class approach to RPL; now recognised by the Council on Higher Education and accredited by the ETDQA, IPD hereby invites:
- All past graduates to apply to email@example.com as contract facilitators and assessors of skills programmes and full qualifications in OD-ETD Practices by submitting an updated CV and short application letter, and
- All practicing workplace trainers, vocational educators / college lecturers who still need to acquire a level 5 qualification in OD-ETD Practices, to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org for RPL toward a National Certificate or National Diploma in OD-ETD Practices during 2007, for only R 6900 + VAT.
All training providers will need to ensure their facilitators are suitably qualified, as an accreditation requirement.
We welcome all professional educators & trainers to participate in this initiative.
Levy compliance, rebate defiance or development reliance?
Does the skills development levy represent an irritating tax, a means to cash in on another RDP initiative, or a genuine opportunity to redress unskilled labour and poor management skills in South Africa?
If for you it means the latter, then it all starts with Needs Analysis & Skills Planning!
Anyone specializing in skills planning needs to be able to do several things:
- They should be competent to establish training committees and other workplace structures required to undertake skills planning.
- They should be able to facilitate strategic planning processes within their organisation to identify the skills needs of the organisation.
- They should be able to conduct or supervise skills audits to identify the actual training requirements of the organisation.
- They should be able to develop workplace skills plans, which reflect the requirements, as well as report on these as per their ETQA requirements.
- They should be able to manage the achievement of the workplace skills plans through outsourcing training effectively if required, as well as through assisting in the establishment of in-house training as required.
The Institute of People Development offers a - Needs Analysis & Skills Planning Programme toward the following unit standards:
- 15217 - Develop an organisational training & development plan
- 15218 - Conduct an analysis to determine outcomes of learning for skills development and other purposes
- 15227 - Conduct skills development administration in an organisation
- 15232 - Coordinate planned skills development interventions in an organisation
- 15221 - Provide information and advise regarding skills development and related issues
- 15222 - Promote a learning culture in an organisation
- 15228 - Advise on the establishment and implementation of a quality management system for skills development practices in an organisation
Needs Analysis & Skills Planning Programme Overview:
NEEDS ANALYSIS & SKILLS PLANNING PROGRAMME
4-8 Dec 2006
BOOK NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT
For more details on this and other IPD programmes contact
Sthembile or Shonisani on (011) 315-2913 or email@example.com
Public Training schedule (IPD House - Midrand)
Needs Analysis & Skills Planning
04-08 Dec 2006
RPL - N.Dip in OD-ETD Practices
11 Dec 2006
Assessment, Moderation & Evaluation
22-26 Jan 2007
Learning Program Design & Materials Development
12-16 Feb 2007
Facilitation, Coaching & Mentoring
19-23 Feb 2007
Quality Management & ETD Administration
05-09 Mar 2007
To download IPD House Training Center Brochure including map: click here