Welcome to The Institute of People Development
A Centre of Excellence
The Institute of People Development (IPD) is committed to an ongoing process of achieving and maintaining its status as a "centre for learning excellence".
To enhance the quality of workplace learning provision through the development of managers, supervisors and learning development practitioners.
The Institute strives to be a "change agent" by
- Providing accredited qualifications and skills programmes to management, supervisors, and learning & development practitioners
- Offering recognition of prior learning (RPL) services to experienced learning & development practitioners
- Conducting research projects designed to generate best practice products and processes through a continuous professional development (CPD) programme
- Expanding the field of learning & development practices to the wider public through seminars, media releases, on-line resources and communities of practice workshops
- Making available its learning facilities and resources in Midrand to its clients and stakeholders for the purposes of high quality learning provision